Now is the time when small businesses are taking off and everyone is working from home. From important documents, photos to crafty things, modern printers simply do everything. If you are thinking about getting a new printer then a dye-sublimation printer is the best choice.
Create designs, bring your imagination to life, print pictures, plan fun activities with your family and do things for your business yourself with these printers. These printers produce high-quality photos and are very convenient to use.
Since you have to consider several factors before finalising a printer, we are here to help you. We have come up with the 10 best dye-sublimation printers. Do not indulge in any hassles as we have done extensive research only for you. Here are our best picks and their features.
|Name of Dye Sublimation Printer|
|1||Mitsubishi CP-D70DW Printer|
|2||Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer|
|3||Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer|
|4||DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS|
|5||Mitsubishi CP-M1A Printer|
|6||SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 Sublimation Printer|
|7||HiTi P525L Compact Dye Sub Photo Printer|
|8||Sony Xawy Screen Protector|
|9||Olympus P-11 Premium 4 x 6 Digital Photo Printer|
|10||HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Wireless Printer|
Best Dye Sublimation Printers 2022
Mitsubishi CP-D70DW Printer
Our top pick has to be this digital printer by Mitsubishi. The product offers an excellent resolution that is 300 dpi and has three printing modes which are Ultrafine, superfine and fine. Since its design is compact, lightweight as well as space-saving, it will fit in all places. With a dustproof housing design and an advanced cooling system, the printer has a high-speed USB 2.0 interface.
Mitsubishi’s printer has a glossy and matte finish which adds to its benefits. Alongside, the product arrives with power cords, cable ties, ink cassette, set up guide, paper strip bin, washer, screws for securing band, paper rolls and photo prints.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- It has an energy-saving mode.
- Highly durable and will last you for a long time.
- This printer is suitable for small businesses, booths and offices.
- Installing the product is very simple.
- The length of the printer can be a cause of the problem for some people.
Canon Selphy CP1300 Printer
The Canon Selphy printer is literally so compact that you can fit it in your bag before you go. Do you too hate waiting for photos to develop? Well, now you can get instant photos of amazing quality in a jiffy. Not only this but for families with kids, you must opt for this product as it is water-resistant
. If you are taking the printer to a party or on a trip then you get a backup battery in case the power dies. Pair the printer effortlessly with any device as it has multiple connectivity options.
- Arrives with a 3.2-inch touch LCD.
- You can print from AirPrint 1, the camera’s memory card and even from Facebook and Instagram.
- The colour of the printer does not chip off and is meant to last for 100 years.
- Offers multiple layouts and sizes.
- Does not hold several prints per cartridge.
Epson Stylus C88+ Inkjet Printer
For all those who wait for the very last moment to print reports and important documents, this printer is the best for you. Epson Stylus dye-sublimation printer is unbeatable when it comes to quality and durability. Since it prints at the rate of 23 ppm, you can be assured that this product is known for its speed.
Be it plain paper or a glossy one, the prints are smudge-proof and you can instantly use them without waiting for the papers to dry. Also, the individual ink cartridges are easy to replace and super convenient to use.
- It has a print revolution of 5760*1440 dpi.
- The product arrives with photo editing software.
- Offers Border free photo printing in various frame-ready sizes.
- Stunning in appearance and has great connectivity.
- Cannot be opened up for thorough cleaning.
DNP Event Photo Printer DS-RX1HS
Our next pick for the best printers list is the DNP event photo printer. This product is perfect for professionals who want high-quality photos all day long and that too in high volumes. If you run a busy booth and you want to be sure that the printer won’t cause any mishaps then opt for this printer.
You can print 4*6-inch card sized photos in just 12.4 seconds. Although the design of the printer is quite basic, it is super easy and convenient to operate. Instead of individual sheets, you can use paper rolls as well in this printer.
- It offers a resolution of up to 300*600 dpi.
- The product features a USB 2.0 connection.
- Users can print in high volumes throughout the day.
- Has a glossy and matte finish.
- Suitable for professionals and business owners.
- Offers limited media sizes and connectivity options.
Mitsubishi CP-M1A Printer
This is yet another product from Mitsubishi on our list. For professionals who want tiny yet highly functioning printers, this product is the one. Despite being so tiny, its printing speed is incredible. Users can print a 4*6-inch photo in less than 12 seconds.
Along with front-loading for media and paper, it is compatible with Windows and macOS. With 128 MB internal memory, the product is also dust resistant. Additionally, the printer has a USB 2.0 interface and is extremely light in weight. The matte and glossy finish adds to the integrity of the product.
- Offers a resolution of 300 DPI.
- Has pre-assembled ink ribbon and print paper.
- Arrives with power cable, AC adapter padded printer carrying case.
- Provides an edge to edge print area.
- A high capacity printer as it offers 750 prints per roll.
- Features are useful only for professionals.
SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 Sublimation Printer
Sawgrass specializes in manufacturing dye-sublimation printers. Be it performance or design, this model scores full marks in every department. Additionally, the printer arrives with download access to the creative studio software along with an online designer and stock design library.
This is the first and the only model which is a fully integrated desktop system designed for sublimation. Moreover, if you set it up correctly, you can print multiple types of media. It arrives with a set of ink cartridges, USB cable, flash drive and also 100 sheets of sublimation paper.
- It has an outstanding resolution that is 1200*1200 dpi.
- Since built quality is great, there are no issues with jamming.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Very high speed and runs until the ink is dry.
- Prints on a wide variety of materials.
- The ink of this printer is quite expensive.
HiTi P525L Compact Dye Sub Photo Printer
For photo booth applications, HiTi’s compact dye-sub photo printer is a great option. Opt for this printer if you wish to create revenue-generating products quickly. Along with being small in size, it is also lightweight so you can move it around easily.
Be it on-location event photography, scenic locations or a theme park, the printer will produce high-quality images without consuming much time. Also, it uses RFID technology to recognize RFID media chips. You can even check the status of the printer by simply downloading the concerned software.
- Can be used for home as well as business purposes.
- Easy to use and convenient to carry.
- It has a high resolution and offers 300 dpi prints.
- Perfect for tough assignments.
- Has an optional wifi dongle for mobiles.
- Offers only 3 print sizes and comes with no warranty.
Sony Xawy Screen Protector
Sony is the first choice for a lot of people when it comes to buying electronic and digital appliances. This one is the perfect option if you have limited space as the printer is super compact. Since it has a new generation print engine, the prints are super fast.
For instance, a 3.5* 5 inches image takes just 13 seconds to print. Alongside, the replacement of ribbon and paper is extremely simple. You can switch to different print types and sizes conveniently. Sony’s printer has the best print quality and the pictures are natural, vibrant, and crisp.
- It has an amazing resolution that is, 300 dpi.
- Offers 5”*7” borderless prints.
- Equipped with interface Hi-speed 2.0.
- Minimal downtime and it is easy to use the product.
- The retro design gives a nice vibe to the place.
- It has dated drivers and the media can be hard to find.
Olympus P-11 Premium 4 x 6 Digital Photo Printer
If you are new to sublimation printing then this product is definitely the one to start with. From colour accuracy to long-lasting impressions, you get everything with this printer. Since it is built with PictBridge technology, it connects to PictBridge enabled cameras to produce sharp images without using a computer.
Also, it features a space-saving footprint so you can store your P-11 virtually. Your pictures are protected from dust and debris during the 4 pass printing process. Moreover, this printer is known for its remarkable speed.
- Resolution at 310 dpi which is incredible.
- Offers 16.7 million colours for printing.
- Arrives with drivers, instruction manual and warranty card.
- Compact, simple to use and has outstanding colour accuracy.
- Comes with a 1-year warranty.
- Users cannot find ink cartridges of this printer online so buying it from stores is the only option.
HP OfficeJet Pro 9025 All-in-One Wireless Printer
HP is yet another trusted brand that offers the best products. Users can organize documents 50 per cent faster, sync to QuickBooks, Google Drive and much more by using smart tasks. With the HP smart app, you can monitor the ink levels, print, copy and scan even if you are on the go.
Also, it automatically detects wifi issues and keeps it stable. The printing speed is improved and simply amazing as you can now print 24 pages per minute. Furthermore, this product has built-in security essentials like basic encryption, document protections and wifi security.
- Sustainable design is made with up to 10 per cent recycled plastic.
- Offers a high text print quality.
- Arrives with a one year warranty.
- Customer support is amazing and available at your service 24/7.
- A duplex tray is included with the printer.
- Quite bulky than the rest of the printers.
Factors to Consider before Buying a Dye Sublimation Printer
- The first thing to note while buying a dye-sublimation printer is the resolution. After all, the resolution is what matters the most and tells you how to find your print is going to be.
To analyze this factor, see the dots per inch or dpi of any printer. The higher the dots per inch, the higher the resolution and the denser your print will be. If you opt for the printer for business purposes, ensure that you get the highest resolution possible.
- Next, the size of the printer must be taken into account. For those who are looking for a printer for on-site locations and fairs then see that the size of the printer is small. Alongside, the printer should be light in weight so that you can carry it around with ease.
- Whether you are getting a printer for business purposes or personal use, the speed of the product should be the best. Nowadays, you do not have to compromise on speed if you want great quality printers. Especially for businesses, if the speed is not up to the mark, you will not be able to complete your orders on time. Before finalizing any product, see to it that you compare their speeds first.
- Make sure that the printer offers multiple connectivity options so you can print using any device. Some of the basic connectivity options include USB, wifi, ethernet and wireless methods. Another thing to look out for is the ink and cartridge. Four colour printers are great for personal use. However, for businesses, you should opt for a six or eight colour combination so even the detailed colours print just fine.
Also Check: Best Sublimation Printers of all time
These were our top 10 picks for dye-sublimation printers. Compare your options to several factors before finalising a product. Ensure that the customer care is amazing so you do not get stuck. Do extensive research as this is not an ordinary printer. Read reliable reviews and then pick your best option.