Sublimation printer helps you with applying dye on a low temperature surface with an added pressure. With these printers, you can have a firm design on the paper and the risk of the paper smearing or overheating is eliminated.
Once you have used the sublimation process on your printer, you can start transferring whatever is produced, on the fabric materials. In a lot of cases, you can use the printer to apply the dye on the intermediate layer which will be transferred to cotton material.
If you are looking for sublimation printer, you will find a lot of options on the market. Because of an increase in variety, it becomes difficult for a person to choose the best printer to fit his needs. There are multiple-category printers which you will find including dye sublimation printer models as well. If you have difficulty in choosing the best option for you, you have nothing to worry about because in this article, we will discuss some of the best sublimation printers which you will find. The printers are:
#1 Epson Workforce WF-7710
The first sublimation printer which we will discuss is the Epson Workforce WF-7710 which is currently one of the best multi-functional printers you will come across. It is an indispensable option which will cover all your needs, especially because of its helpful body. Epson Workforce WF-7710 allows you to produce borderless prints up to 13×19 inches. You can use an intermediary fabric, to make this work, which you are going to use when you are transferring something into a cotton material.
The capacity of Epson Workforce WF-7710 is up to 250 sheets with which you can easily manage paperwork into the printer for bigger tasks. Instead of putting the paper again and again after a while, you can simply put 250 sheets in one go. There is also a room for specialty paper forms in the form of rear feet port. Here, you can prove a medium to use when you want something that you can transfer to a fabric. The intermediary fabric which this printer uses can be used in any way you wish to use.
You can also easily easily documents and can print more items on the same page with the help of the two-sided printer and scanner which also helps you to read documents as well. With that, you can easily save your time as well as your printing efforts. It also helps you save the paper because you are not using more paper than required.
There are other functions included as well names Ethernet functions and Wi-Fi direct. These functions help you ensure the connectivity. Furthermore, it also supports NFC connections which help in linking your printer to multiple items.
- It can easily work with multiple printing fabric materials
- You can adjust the settings of your printer according to your wish through its 4.3-inch touchscreen control panel.
- The printer uses less power than most other printers falling under the same category.
- It is difficult for a person to align the cartridges
- During the wide-format projects, Epson Workforce WF-7710 can use too much ink.
#2 Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400
If you are looking for the best high resolution sublimation printer for your needs, you must not look beyond the Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 because it is undoubtedly the best choice for your high resolution needs as it comes with 1200×1200 printing resolution. Many top model sublimation printers in recent years have been made by Sawgrass and that will help you with your printing needs. Sawgrass Virtuoso SG400 helps the user with multiple printing tasks such as copying, faxing, scanning, etc.
Furthermore, this printer also uses dye sublimation process with which you can apply ink on various intermediary fabrics in no time. The printer uses thorough details and that is a positive thing for you to note.
The print will not work on this surface to it is advised that you use this against the cotton T-Shirts. Because this printer is a big product, you will find a lot of room to print on your T-shirts, cups, etc.
- It has an online stock library
- It is specifically designed for dye sublimation printing
- It comes with an image editing software
- This printer has a limited time warranty
- Ink comes a little bit too expensive
#3 Canon Selphy CP1300
Next up in line is the Canon Selphy CP1300 which is a compact sublimation printer coming at a cheap price for the users. Canon is mostly known for its quality cameras. However, over the past few years, they have started focusing on printers as well. Their focus lies in producing high-quality photo prints with heat transfer setup and the Canon Selphy CP1300 is a prime example of that. You will find all your photos dry and your photos will be water-resistant as well.
Furthermore, with the help of Canon Selphy CP1300, you can easily use your smartphone to get the printout. You can do so by connecting the USB cable to the printer. There is also an option to link your camera’s memory card directly to the printer with which you can get the printouts ready in absolutely no time.
- This printer works perfectly for different paper sizes which also includes the postcard sizes.
- You will see control buttons on the top part of the printer which is helpful in providing sample layout for your work and handles them to perfection.
- Also, it has tilt-up LCD control screen which helps in giving you an extra control over the printing tasks.
- For wireless printing needs, you might as well have to buy the newer phone available in the market.
- The Instagram prints feature, which you will find on the printer, is not always aligned well.
#4 Epson Workforce WF-7210
A lot of people who look to buy the sublimation printers look to buy that printer which can easily handle the bulky intermediary fabric because it is a plus point to have on your printer. This is exactly what Epson Workforce WF-7210 brings to you as the paper tray of this printer can easily handle a lot of cotton-based surfaces.
Another one of the top features of the Epson Workforce WF-7210 is that it comes with WiFi Direct and has Ethernet support as well. With that, all the computers will be connected to the printer. In addition to all of that, you can also easily print whatever you want to print through a smartphone or a tablet as well, which proves to be quite useful for the users.
The Epson Workforce WF-7210 also helps you with creating attractive shots with borderless bodies for the transfer use. It does so while going up to 13×19 inches in size. There is an automatic two-sided scanner with the printer as well and it takes in paper up to 11×17 inches and scans it in no time. Thus, it gives you an effortless printing project and makes it easier for most tasks to utilize.
- Epson Workforce WF-7210 works with all the operating systems on smartphones.
- You get an easy access to all of your printing demands with the help of the output tray.
- There is an extra room available on the rear feed for specialty paper surfaces.
- You might have to have an added software for the NFC function to work smoothly.
- It might be a little hard to use because it has a 2.2-inch LCD control display.
#5 Brother MFC-J995DW
Brother is one of the top companies which make top quality and attractive sublimation printers. They make multitasking sublimation printers with Brother MFC-J995DW being a perfect example to showcase their quality. The Brother MFC-J995DW printer works with intermediary fabric printing process. However, it provides you with a helpful printing solution which will work in moments and thus, giving you the coverage you need.
Brother MFC-J995DW also comes with an automatic two-sided printing feature within the model itself with which you get an extra help on how good you are printing items of note. This printer can easily work on Ethernet or NFC links as well as the wireless connections. It comes with a 2.7-inch touch screen which gives easy control to the user and also helps you to distinguish between different features through a full-color body.
The member feature which comes with the printer hells you to confirm different types of materials which you are trying to print at a particular point of time. With that, you get a fully flexible design for your printing needs, working in moments.
- This printer model can fit multiple paper materials and you can easily adjust the paper tray to fit all kinds of paper materials
- The setup you use is controlled by the automatic duplex printing feature.
- The wireless mobile printing feature works with almost all the operating systems on mobile phones.
- It is sometimes difficult to align the cartridges
- The cartridge capacity gauge is sometimes inaccurate
#6 Epson Stylus C88+
Another model which will perfectly fit your needs is the Epson Stylus C88+, which is undoubtedly the best sublimation printer for smaller tasks. Epson designed this printer specifically for your home needs as the Epson Stylus C88+ comes with minimal body, producing high-resolution prints. It has a maximum resolution of 5760×1440 dpi. If you are looking for something smaller in size yet providing a high resolution, you need not look beyond Epson Stylus C88+ because it is undoubtedly the best dye sublimation printer for smaller tasks.
For easier connections, this printer also comes with USB ports and parallel ports. Furthermore, when you are getting the printer ready, you do not need any extensive installation processes either. To download and set up the new drivers for Epson printer, you will have to follow the instructions and the instructions mentioned are easy to follow. Therefore, Epson Stylus C88+ is undoubtedly a great option for you to consider especially when you want to finish your printing process as soon as possible.
Another one of the top features of Epson Stylus C88+ is that it comes with a photo editing software with which you can edit pictures easily. With this, you will have more control over what you are printing and you will know where you are going with your printing work.
- Epson Stylus C88+ is quite helpful for the borderless printing
- It can easily work with all kinds of paper materials which are available including the airmail paper.
- For simple transfer needs, it also produces smudge resistant surfaces
- If you use a cheaper third-party ink cartridge, the printer might not work as smoothly as you expect it to
- It is perfect for small scale works only and it cannot produce much larger items
#7 PC Universal Sublimation Printer – Best Heat transfer printer for T-shirts & Mug
Another top sublimation printer for your needs is the PC Universal Sublimation Printer which is regarded as a top heat transfer printer especially for mugs and T-shirts. It is one of the top dye sublimation printer models for your printing tasks and helps you to get ink quickly and move onto a surface. This model allows you to use a lot of heat transfer sheets. The unit also does well with firm designs and producing better look all the way through.
The layout also works perfectly for a lot of materials, especially when you are looking for making prints on T-shirts or mugs. If you have other intentions of printing, it works extremely well for those as well. There are a variety of designs for mugs and also include many harm surfaces. You have all the control over your printing experience especially because of the firm body of the printer. With the help of PC Universal Sublimation Printer, you can produce many things for your personal as well as business needs.
- For your convenience, the pressure application feature works in moments
- You can adjust to all the printer resolutions in multiple forms as well
- It also does well when you are producing firm images
- To use the design perfectly, you require extreme precision because it is quite technical
- It is difficult to clean off the cartridges
#8 Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S – Best for Photo Booths
Next in the line is Mitsubishi CP-K60DW-S which is the best sublimation printer for photo booths. It has a noteworthy technical layout and works perfectly when you need something easy to prepare. The printer shuts off automatically when you are not using it, thus helping you save the power of your printer. This is a part of many options for the best sublimation printer for t-shirts that you might not find in many situations.
This printer model also has a rewind function which allows you to move the ink ribbon well with which you can easily continue to use more ink for detailed items. This is perfect for some solid shapes as well as a few specific tasks which you have at hand. This printer also allows you to produce a matte finish when you are using the design.
The feature of digital image processing works at around 300 dpi. It ensures that your printout’s edges are smooth and as streamlined as possible. The printer is helpful because the work it produces helps you in managing more technical tasks for printing. Therefore, it is undoubtedly a top sublimation printer to have around yourself.
- It creates printouts in a lot of sizes
- It creates multiple finish styles
- The firm body of this printer works in moments
- The printer is not easy to use and the technical aspect of the printer might be difficult for the users
- It is difficult to set up a few features on the printer.
#9 HP OfficeJet 9025
If you are looking to print things off of a cloud network, you need not look beyond the HP OfficeJet 9025 printer. This printer allows you to load a cloud document on your mobile, from where you can forward it to your printer using a Wi-Fi link. It is easier for you to apply transfer mediums onto the surface, thanks to the sturdy tray which comes along. With that, the general process of printing your work becomes much easier.
You will be secure and there will be minimal risk of you being broken into because of the added Wi-Fi security setup inside the printer. You can setup a password for your printer and can ensure that only a few selected and certified projects will be supported on the printer.
Another top feature included in the printer is the two sided document feeder which adds to your convenience. With that, you can scan faster as compared to other OfficeJet printers. Furthermore, it also has a full-color display screen for control needs, which also adds to your convenience.
- The printer can scan color pictures at 8 ipm rate
- You can fit upto 500 basic sublimation sheets at the same time with the help of the dual paper trays
- It also identifies the specific paper which is being used in the printing process, with the help of the output tray.
- The display speed comes with a small body
- The capacity of the output tray is not more than 100 sheets at a particular time.
#10 Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000
Last but not the least, we have Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000. The Epson Expression Photo HD XP-15000 is best known for large size printing as it has the ability to produce border prints up to 13×19 inches in size. It also comes with a six-color ink which works with more color features and also produces more distinct mixes which adds style to your fabric when it is used well.
This printer has a 2.4-inch colored LCD screen which helps you in controlling the setups that you are using at that particular point of time. With extra help that you are getting through this printer, you will get extra control on the experiences with the materials that are used. It has a simple design as well and that will make sure that you produce as accurate shots as possible with your work.
There is a wireless feature in the printer as well which ensure that you get all the items you require in order to print products in moments. To make things easier for you, you can link your printer to a wireless device.
- The printer can easily handle all the items up to 23 mm in thickness.
- The printer comes with a small footprint body
- It works with draft mode reviews for your images.
- It might not work as smoothly on a fee screen film surfaces
- If you do not handle it well enough, the ink screens might become dirty
How to Choose a Sublimation Printer?
To choose sublimation printer, you need to:
#1 Review the layout of the printer
Reviewing the layout of your printer is important to choose sublimation printer. Some printers can work directly on t-shirt surface whereas some need a transfer medium such as a cotton sheet.
#2 Figure out how the cartridges are going to work
You need to check how the cartridges work on your printer and if they can handle dye sublimation process. There are specialized cartridges which focus on an individual color and you require for your printing needs. The colors include magenta, cyan, yellow, etc.
#3 Look at the materials you are going to work with
Lastly, you need to check the materials you are using and see whether your printer is able to handle the surface or not.
All these above-mentioned printers are undoubtedly the best sublimation printers which are currently available. You must go for the best option fitting all your needs. With this, you can put maximum effort and get the maximum output from the work you are looking for. Canon Selphy CP1300 is, according to us, the best option for you to utilize for your printing needs. Layout of the printers ho in handling high-resolution images and thus, it is easier for you to load images in no time.